This is a unique opportunity to explore the role of the Assistant Headteacher and develop your knowledge and understanding of being a member of a Senior Leadership Group with a four day placement in another school.
One day Leadership Conference, Thursday 23rd May Final sharing of practice,
Friday 12th July pm Presentation to Aspire to Leadership Cohort on an aspect of leadership development.
Pre-course: identiﬁcation of development areas and match-up with host school.
Thursday: Face to face training
• the role of an assistant head
• conﬂict management/the challenging conversation
• applying for Leadership roles: the process
• development planning
• developing a vision
4 day Leadership secondment in school
• access to leadership group meetings
• introductory session with senior member of staﬀ on context of the school, including data
• access to line management meetings
• guided learning works, work scrutinies
• bespoke CPD session on focus area
• student voice
• opportunity for participant to feedback to LG on focus areas
Cost: £300 per person
Host schools: Free place