- This event has passed.
Aspire to Senior Leadership
May 23 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Aspire To Senior Leadership
This is a unique opportunity to explore the role of the Assistant Headteacher and develop your knowledge and understanding of being a member of a Senior Leadership Group with a four day placement in another school.
One day Leadership Conference, Thursday 23rd May 2019
Final sharing of practice, Friday 12th July 2019 1pm – 4pm
Presentation to Aspire to Leadership Cohort on an aspect of leadership development.
Pre-course: identification of development areas and match-up with host school.
Thursday 23 May: Leadership Conference
- the role of an assistant head
- conflict management/the challenging conversation
- applying for Leadership roles: the process
- development planning
- developing a vision
4 day Leadership secondment in school
- access to leadership group meetings
- introductory session with senior member of staff on context of the school, including data
- access to line management meetings
- guided learning works, work scrutinies
- bespoke CPD session on focus area
- student voice
- opportunity for participant to feedback to LG on focus areas
Cost: £300 per person
Host schools: Free place (please let us know if you are able to host a 4 day leadership secondment)